Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Yellow Lane (11 of 365)

 
Welcome all to day 11 of my 365 day poem challenge ! 

Word of the day Obsequious meaning "obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree."

Yellow lane

There's a calm yellow lane
Where I can rest 
It's simple enough
Bricks thin and compact
It has a smooth painted ground

Near to my future self
I recline obsequious on the smooth yellow paint 
Relaxing in my calm yellow mind
Swollen with pride 

The future calls down a dark
Aisle with a white light
It reminds me of judgement
And baptism 
With an embalming quality 
there is no rebirth here

I grab a smooth invisible hand
I close my eyes
It is the breeze 
And it's time to get up
Time to leave my yellow lane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment