Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 14 August 2016

Metamorphosis (day 15 of 365)

Welcome to the third week of the poem challenge! We're up to day 15 of 365.
 
Word of the day is Saturnine meaning "gloomy", in olden times relating to "lead"

Metamorphosis 

While in a saturnine mood
I imagine I'm someone more
By this I mean someone worshipped

The dream catches on different ideas and images
Different stirrings 
But in them glamour descends upon me

It is a bitter drink to emerge back
Into the tar of reality

There's that roar in my chest
As my mind casts out
To the fantasy of absolute and
Irreversible metamorphosis
To cast aside the meanings carved into my skin, family and world 

(Is that freedom or eternal isolation)

Fear and anxiety is my rudder
It redirects my course away
From uncertain trajectories 
back to something
Calm and banal

But one day perhaps as I stand on
A jetty alone on a starlit night
Something marvellous might happen
Serendipity will visit me
The sort that stories and movies are made of
Before life started becoming to common

I shut my eyes and dream
And drift on waves that carry me
Away from that pier 
And I'm bursting
Forth from a cocoon 
I hardly know myself now
I am changed forever 

But I'm no caterpillar
My feet are anchored firm to the ground
That can only be a dream and a smile
A pleasant thought to recline in.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment