Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 4 August 2016

Trifle, a momentary (6 of 365)

Here is the sixth poem in the daily poem for a year challenge I've set myself.

 it is an interesting process posting each day, it stretches your brain and in this case I think has amounted to something quite ordinary, but I'm determined to stick to this.

It's funny how the poem below reflects my rather middling performance today at work haha, but that is another story. Happy reading, thank you all for sharing in my indulgence :)

We will see how this unfolds in the coming days, weeks and months.

Today's word "oblique" meaning slanted or crooked.

Trifle, a momentary 

Said I to Mr Sparrow
"Please assure me tomorrow will be good"
Sparrow chuckled in that rectangular way, "Nonsense chum, scrape the bucket old bean"
I despaired at the limits of my imagination that I had somehow conjured this poorly engineered creature 
Said he then, "Jolly good sire" making sure to strike the whiskers beneath his bowlers cap, they were bristled and with his bulging eyes 
It reminded me of a cat I used to know 
"Toodle pip" he said hastening me away from caricature assassination 

Inanity space filler 
Twisted oblique?

I sighed again 
Time to erase this archaic archetype from my mind
The gargantuan folds of his pants are still so easy to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment