Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 22 August 2016

Bygones (23 of 365)

Welcome to day 23 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day is abjure meaning to "formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief"

Bygones

I used to believe in you and I
Our romance written upon clouds
You had the fond habit of chasing
Me to heart palpitations 

I recoil now to thing of the stress
You were a daily devotion and religion to me
How I abjure you now 

Still I wish you well
I wish you calm
Though I doubt you wish it upon yourself, all the worlds a stage

To you then and still
I pity you, but that would involve 
Consideration, which imparts care
I'm content now as a rabbit 

With a cabbage
I wish you well meddler 
In my life, I suppose all
Of this would not be possible 

If not for your cloying 
Suffocating love 
my surrogate Of suffering 
Let bygones be gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment