Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 26 August 2016

Upon You (27 of 365)

Welcome to day 27 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day peremptory "insisting on immediate attention or obedience, especially in a brusquely imperious way."

Upon you

I sat in the meadow 
glorious and green
You were there 

That was all that mattered
You were there
Behind the curtain of the willow
Your smile was cheeky
Like a child 
You could scream my name 
You were so enamoured with me

I could never understand why I fell
Back onto the cool grass
Enshrouding myself in 
Armour of shyness

Your tongue like a pike
Poked past my conceit
And I smiled disarmed 
And naked
Before you on that bank
In the sun

We passed between us 
Sweet fruits 
Strawberries that turned Luminescent in my mouth 

You batted me 
Then dragged me peremptory 
Away
snatching away the last
Of the brilliant red fruit

Then I fell down through
That happy feeling
I fell upon you
And you upon me
And there we lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment