Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 29 August 2016

Battlefield Love (30 of 365)

Welcome to day 30 of 365 and the grand experiment continues. It's good to set yourself a goal and stick to it!

For all newcomers I've set myself a goal for the remainder of this year, no matter what, I must post one poem a day on my blog and to add a kicker I have to incorporate a word I'm a little unsure about or unfamiliar with every day. This is day 30. Can I keep it for a year? I guess we will all see.

Today's poem, stems from my work in which I encounter a lot of family violence. Let's just say that the beats of Ariana Grande and Taylor swift merged with these darker thoughts in my head and presto out came a poem.

Word of the day Corpulent " (of a person) fat."

Battlefield Love 

I sit up in this neon battlefield 
The blare of discordant notes
The warm hot fluorescent red
Flushes of voices
Tangled up in this beautiful cacophony I've woven for you 
all for you my love

The mouthpieces with their folders 
Labyrinthine folders and trolleys
The cooling blue depression of these trenches 
but its all for you
My love 
always for you

The bullets fire off
The red flares signal danger
But I keep riding through the night
They can't touch me
They can't reach me in this cool
Starry abyss I've created 
Just for you my love just for you

I press my advantage like pistons
My mechanisms know no fatigue
My machinations and the swell
Of this violet dream 
That draws us together and washes all our memory into these 
Black and white shades

But my thoughts of you will always
Be the hazy glow of a photographers red room
There is so much blood and flesh
Between us the cords cannot be severed 
don't you see my love 

Even in your cool stone repose
Even as all the warm edifice of you is subsumed by this caricature 
Even as the red and blue lights circle
Even as the men in grey, black and royal blue sign their papers
Even then I will melt your stone
I will seize your corpulent heart
And between the nubs of my grizzled fingers I shall squeeze
Until I steal one pulse 
Just one pulse from you
It will be mine

All mine
My love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment