Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Focus (4 of 365)

In an effort to post more regularly, I have decided to set myself a challenge.

Three basic rules:
1. 1 poem a day (for the next year);
2. At least one word I am unfamiliar with to incorporate into each poem; and 
3. Every 7 days incorporate some type of structured poem (as opposed to free verse).

Welcome to day 4!

Today's word erudite - meaning "having or showing great knowledge or learning."

Focus

Focus you erudite souls
Floating on limbs of possibility
Focus on forward motion

Focus on peace at hand 
It will come

Glowing vibrant 
Go forth 
Be iridescent 
Be effervescent

Your rise will burn fast
Like rocket fuel burns 
Until within earth's orbit 
The fuselage drops away
Leaving only darkness and
Bronze silent embers.

Focus on my eyes
Those blackhole spheres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment