Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 7 August 2016

Bland Morning (7 of 365)

Welcome all to the first milestone one week of the post a poem for a day challenge I have set myself. 

Word of the day "vaunted" meaning boast about or praise (something), especially excessively"


Bland Morning 

In the news today 
White noise

Black man
Blasted point blank
No remorse

The much vaunted white man 
Shining like nitroglycerin

Yawning I reach for my cereal bowl
My bowels tremble and settle 
Processing the lactose and sugar

Tsunami down the city goes
Like dominos
No survivors 

Now on my mobile texting this or that person
Facebook App, news feed reveals another Puff post 
Like that 
But wish there was an unlike button

Malnourished the boys
Skin sticks to his bones
Flies feast on his cracked bleeding skin

Some people in some country
Were bombed there remains
A plume of grey white gas on

Television screen 

I turn the remote in my hand
Depress the button
The images and sound are sucked back inside

Out the door 
Down the stairs
Scroll through my news app

Fire in the neighbouring suburb
The family a mother, father
Little boy five-ish stare 

In other news DC and Marvel
Continue their war for supremacy
Disney expands its corporate branches
Some pink faced fellow rambles for the hope of presidency

Important issues 
Puff and fluff

I yawn and put it away,
Back in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment