Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 8 August 2016

Sorry (9 of 365)


Welcome all to day 9 of the daily poem posting challenge! 

Word of the day Yeoman "a man holding and cultivating a small landed estate; a freeholder"
 
Sorry 

I am sorry 

This was the indulgence 
Not permitted this was the step
Too far
To admit my wrong doing
Would cause all to unravel
My negligence laid bare
Too great to fathom
Shall I hide them beneath the radioactive tinfoil conspiracies
The lies that I feed myself 
Like a little pup sniffing after a treat
Oblivious to the harm
There is no ire 
I'm protected behind this cloak of deceit
These gloaming deceitful spheres
Farewell my integrity 
Farewell my heart song and soul sprint
Farewell my youth 
Farewell passion and exuberance
Welcome now to the grey company of deceives
Dollar chasers 
Proud yeomen of a failed crop
They laugh at you, you know.

They laugh all the way home
Stories are told of your 
Caprice and greed 
Your moral turpitude

All for the absence of two short words: "I'm sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment