Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 19 August 2016

Herbal Exchange (20 of 365)

Hey all welcome to day 20. Today it's all about writing about one thing but alluding to another.

Word of the day Apotheosis meaning "the highest point in the development of something; a culmination or climax."

Herbal Exchange

I rest beside your capsicum
Thighs that make water
In my flesh

I feel the caress of thyme 
The smell of it
Wafts up pleasantly 
Roasting 
A commingling 
An apotheosis 

A soft wind echoes lavender 

A door closes

Jars of evergreen 
Jars of brown cumin
Ruby red paprika
Explosions of turmeric
Oil kissed dried chilli
Bouncing 

There is abundance here
In the desecration of my tongue
The flare of 
Salty sea crumb

The seasoning 
Is robust
It folds onto us.


No comments:

Post a Comment