Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Girl on the Beach (18 of 365)

Welcome to day 18 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Today's word is one I have used in the past, but one I have often had difficulty placing. 

It is chimerical meaning "1 : existing only as the product of unchecked imagination : fantastically visionary or improbable. 2 : given to fantastic schemes."

Girl on the Beach 

I am sure she exists
I saw her on holiday 
It was like a movie in a sense
She was there on the sand
I insist she was not some chimerical
Flight of fancy

She is probably different to you and I
Her eyes were what drew me in
However I was already stalking 
The nape of her neck
The roundness of her back
Tapering off below her waist 

She wore white, but I'm not one for detail
I could not tell you if it were a blouse and skirt, or perhaps a dress
The light played tricks on me
It got that sweet spot in the corner of her eye
Turned her pupils to flecked marbles

That was when she first turned
I saw her toes sink playfully into the sand
The heels sprung up
Her toes dipping down into the white sand 
I was reminded of an almond dipped deep into desiccated coconut

Where was I, you ask while all this unfolded
I cannot recall 
The moment was scintillating 
And disembodying

I know I shall not speak with her
She was not one to be alone
Not one prone to idyl fascination 
As I 

At the same time I had no desire to trap or contain her
The music that lived within her, in her mouth and her laughing eyes
I would not have wanted to reduce that in any sense
I let her be

free and dance on
Howling laughter 
Flaying her hands back cheeky
At the sun and moon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment