Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 1 August 2016

Night sweats (3 of 365)


In an effort to post more regularly, I have decided to set myself a challenge.

Three basic rules:
1. 1 poem a day (for the next year);
2. At least one word I am unfamiliar with to incorporate into each poem; and 
3. Every 7 days incorporate some type of structured poem (as opposed to free verse).

Welcome to day 3!

Today's word detritus - meaning "waste or debris of any kind"


How my brain aches
I want to burn out the aching tissue
Until it's hollow and cold inside

Today I learned what true exertion was
I strode beyond the pale
I fell into it, the task at hand was obscured

Feeling along fumbling about like a frail 
Yet pathetic lapdog
I nodded at the correct times
Did as I was told
All this I did and I wrote it down

Oh parable of today
Oh Juxtaposition of pretension and fatigue 
Oh these long cold nights
Oh these boiling hot moments of tedium 
Sifting through words upon words
Until language is a vacant vehicle 
Perspiration on this detritus

My veins gilded to botrytis 
So sweet and dry

The point is though that I am 
Very tired and now it's time for me to rest
As much as night will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment