Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Before Bed (after the horror movie) (31 of 365)

Welcome to day 31 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day - Exculpatory: Exculpatory evidence is evidence favorable to the defendant in a criminal trial that exonerates or tends to exonerate the defendant of guilt. 

Before Bed (After the horror movie)

Subsumed in ashes
I lie here and I'm not sure
I don't know how much longer
I have

Is this what this pulling sensation is
Death had her claws into me
They are cold and cloying 

Dare I raise my head 
Subject myself to Darwinism
For curiosity

The monsters are coming
They are coming for me 
Here in this dark deep place
Stagnant and damp
Rotting

What was that?
What am I ? 

I can feel it now tearing through my
Heart this is life or death
This is an avalanche
Hear that roar so beautiful and tragic
The spurs and slurries of ice
Torn assumed unanchored

There is a chaos to this lifeless place
How deep can my skin stick
Into the mud before I become it

My final exculpatory dream
That upon the unravelling 
There will be golden gates an after
That there will be solace from hell
Reincarnation 
Worse still absence 

What if instead 
Like dreads gnawing finger
All was muted and 
I am silenced forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment