Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Tales of Time (91 of 365)

Day 91 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day ephemeral meaning: "lasting for a very short time."

Tales of time 

I dreamed of doors in the sky
And of worlds that I could touch
So familiar and distant to my own

My fantasy was to become and
Drift out into that unknown universe 
The clouds were candy lime 
There were gates tall and brass behind which were taller secrets

I imagined that just beyond 
My grey reality were rich tapestries
Beyond expression and beyond words
Beyond colour, fluorescent streaming beauty constant ethereal 

I wrote poems to poke into unknown realms and to write stories about twisted time 
Stories in which I was the hero 
And anything was possible 
But it was so far away and the colours were bright and the clearest blue and there were shouts and cries so exuberant and warm and comforting but they were beyond my sight I could not 
See who made them 
I could not see 
I could only imagine
And write down stories 
And ponder
And glimpse in my mind
Those ephemeral worlds 
Dancing beyond reach
And beyond comprehension
Invisible and bitterly real.

No comments:

Post a Comment