Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 13 November 2016

Functions (of love) (103 of 365)

Day 103 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day raison d'être meaning: "the most important reason or purpose for someone or something's existence."

Functions (of love)

I am a function of you
Your world views are functions 
Of my self and a collective conscious
Which are functions of other functions 

I function and am apart
But function implies you must be there
You are my function 
How might I have function if not for you
My function is unclear
Unless defined 
A function is our relationship 
Is a relationship 

Please give me function 
What am I without function
Existentially of course 
I may not function 
But yet have function 
I may not function with you
But function with the earth and clouds and the water
And with spoons and forks 
And various other tools utensils
And gizmos 

Functions are fascinating 
But ill conceived and abstract things 

You give me function
You are my raison d'être
My primary basis 
This justification
This task this purpose 
This goal this premise 
This consequence this outcome
This solace this peace
This impermeability this infinity
This function.

No comments:

Post a Comment