Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 4 November 2016

Good morning (93 of 365)

Day 93 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day discomfit meaning: "cause to lose one's composure"

Good morning

I see you through 
Lovelorn eyes each morning
You turn and struggle 
Like a caterpillar emerging
From your cocoon
You make adorable noises 
And turn about 
You spread your wings in a manner of speaking
While picking at your eyes and nose
Your toes wrinkle in and out
You are fast asleep and I am
(Perhaps) voyeuristic and studying
You
When you emerge from 
Your coma your eyes are wide 
And lips undulate between 
Solemn grins and floppy clownish
Imitations of wide grotesque mouths
I smile back
Your wide open eyes are 
Discomfiting portals 
They open up to a wide alien world
I might slip and stumble inside of them
I am scared and alive (strangely)
I wonder what it is that you see
On and in me
You touch my hand
And I touch yours
I kiss your mouth
And this means peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment