Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Before the Bench (105 of 365)

Day 105 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day Inimical: " not friendly."

For all you non-lawyers out there "the Bench" is a reference to a Judges bench.

Before the Bench 

Idly I doubted 
Idly I pounded my head 
Idly I demanded more
Idly I paused considered 
Discerned 

A miasma of competing 
Anxieties rose up to meet me
Possibilities formulating and stewing inside of me

Idly I watched the decision be made
Idly I sit on my hands
Idly I blush red in fear in rage 
Embarrassed 

Must my hands fidget
Must this room compress in on itself
Must there be so many eyes positioned upon me

Idly I ensure my demise
Idly I listen to orators 
Idly I flap my lips
Idly I turn the cheek
Foolishness 

Must it be so inimical 
Must this be my turn
Must I subjugate myself before
Authority 
Must I condemn myself to impotence  

Idly I draw my body down
Idly I kiss the earth and cross
My heart and hope to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment