Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 5 November 2016

Lavender (95 of 365)

Day 95 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day supine meaning: "failing to act or protest as a result of moral weakness or indolence."

Lavender

I know a girl that I think of
As lavender
A complex mixture 
Of nuttiness and the butter of 
Flowers

Long supple words and thoughts
She opines with such grace
Her subtle muddling
Her trembling purple 

Her docile nature
She is readily supine 
And prone to agreeableness
Yet the piercing way her eyes twinkled
Murmuring soft and invisible secrets

I suppose she is an enigma
She is a concoction and a
Blatant fiction 

Sometimes though I am convinced 
I feel the touch of her breath
On the back of my neck
And the lemon scent of her finger tips trail my spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment