Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 25 November 2016

Violent Collisions (112 of 365)

Day 112 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day cabalistic meaning "a way of saying “secretive,” but with negative connotations."

Violent Collisions 

Red as night 
I was more oh so more
The food and dance and drink
I was more than words
I was more than I could taste or bare

I was more
The pounding of the night 
The synth rhythms 
The Jazz and the strings on guitars
Were scintillating 
Secrets danced in hidden alcoves
Scents of mine and others mingled
It was a chase

I was a predator
I was perfect in the night
With eyes distilling this essence
This freshness that cut through the cold
I was the warm throng in the mosh pit
I was the blooming curiosity of youth
I was the objectified 
The objective

Fervent beats and sweat 
Reduced to cabalistic innuendo
The tap of my heels
On dried carpets 
And beautiful star canopies
And tequila and glass tumblers
In our soft nubile hands 
The grace of my breast 
The kiss of the wind 
And the embrace of lust and longing and wrongness

Violent collisions 
And gasping whore notes
Punctuate my mind
The blood shooting through me 
Like a monkey in heat
The fire of my energised soul 
Is a super weapon ripping apart all the night 
I bask and stare out over the city 
I know it is all mine 
And I am more and 
I want more and I am satiated 
And I am ravenous and lustful and forever doomed to be forever wandering consumed in this fleshy 
Prison as Queen of the colour drained night.

No comments:

Post a Comment