Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 31 October 2016

Irrepressibly entitled (90 of 365)

Day 90 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day rictus meaning 
"a fixed grimace or grin."

So we have completed our week of poems for each day. Today, a bit of verbal diarrhoea from an unpleasant but lasting impression from my last happy customer and work today.

Irrepressibly entitled

Ever have a day where you
Feel the vomit in the back of your throat and you dream about smashing your brittle skull into
A speeding freight train

The cataract is lifted and the sight is bloodless and luminous
There is no answer though for the sharp prodding demon in my mind
Detonating my front lobes
And raising the cortex 

My lips curl into a rictus
Belying the blood curdling screams
The sweating neurones of my worn out brain that aches and kneels in subjugation "please no more!"

Send me dashed down into a cooling waterfall
Send me breaking through the mountain sides
My molten core and my pounding head will absorb it all
All that brain damage I've endured through my cheeky lobes
Would that I were now deceased and entombed
That would be less sombre 
Than the dread burning fire bending dread that becomes my waking self 

Have you ever had the menace of an irrepressibly entitled person 

Have you ever wanted to murder 
Inside your calm little she'll 
I am throbbing now with murderous intent
But I shall not lift a finger
All I need is space and time
The volcanic spread of my rage
Will cool in time
And from it will emerge a new wonderful island 
Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment