Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 9 October 2016

Headstone (69 of 365)

Day 69 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day Monolithic meaning: "formed of a single large block of stone."

Headstone

I considered today my headstone
And it was square and set
To the ants I imagined it would 
Appear to be a great monolithic superstructure 
I had not contemplated it before
It was a dream 
I had not contemplated doom before
It was not in me 
I had not contemplated significance
Significance was reserved for others
I had not contemplated relativity
The time I have here is an abstract notion at best
I had not divulged this to anyone
It is a secret as sure as the final
Words and testament upon the stone
Will be left to the mason
I do not imagine any number of words will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment