Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 9 October 2016

Country Storm (67 of 365)

Day 67 of the 365 day poem challenge. 

Word of the day changeling meaning: "a child believed to have been secretly substituted by fairies for the parents' real child in infancy."

Country Storm 

The wind howls in my ears
Fetid lips ring 
And my child wails and cries
Whispering cruel high pitched notes
Like a changeling
And I pray that the cacophony stops 
That the blast of noise, sound
Energy relents and stops
So that I might catch up - so that I might yet persevere 
My element is survival 
My destiny is the bland re-iterating 
Of thunderous cries 
Of faecal matter on nappies
Of faces scarred with smug indignation 
The kitchen is my demises 
The floors are sticky with my sweat and toil
And all while the storm rails on
The Windows beat in
And the rain powders the sill
I collapse down 
I collapse and sag like a weeping elm
My arms and gnarled and will 
Yet hold strong through this storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment