Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 15 October 2016

Absence (75 of 365)

Day 75 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day privation meaning "the loss or absence of a quality or attribute that is normally present."

Absence 

Serenity came knocking one day
The emergency of the moment 
Faded and in its absence came clarity images of waves and water and glass and drink and wine and clouds drifting lazy 

Seek the absence a voice said 
There was a void opening and it was like a glorious bottomless chasm there was no sound no feeling nothing 
There was no violence no poverty no guilt no expectations 

Today there is blinding light the nerves are frantic trying to process the boards and the voices and the words and the sounds and the clutter of it all the see-saw of jerking trains and cars and the tumbling up and down of boats and oars laziness is a remedy 

The desire for privation of company is now fixed in me
In this meditative silence is my bliss
In this selfish space is my eternal gratitude the rays of pollution and chaos cannot touch me here in my own blank canvas my void my solitude my absence 

No comments:

Post a Comment