Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 13 October 2016

Maunder (73 of 365)

Day 73 of the 365 day poem challenge 

Word of the day maunder meaning "move or act in a dreamy or idle manner."

Maunder

I wonder what it is to be a star
I wonder what they must think
Blaring so bright 
Is it pressure or arrogance that keeps them burning so tall

I wonder what business atoms have 
I wonder why they insist on behaving so erratic are they indigestion 
Or something more insidious 
I wonder how they are part of me and I am not responsible for them

I wonder at the sky
I wonder why it is blue and know there's an explanation but laziness is fun and I delight in silliness 
And the sky in my imagination might be just as easily pink, yellow or red 

I wonder after cats
I wonder about dogs
I wonder at birds
I wonder before lizards
I wonder regarding centipedes
I wonder around peacocks
I wonder of cowbells and of cows
I wonder on monkfish
I wonder upon crocodiles
I wonder soon too much

I wonder why does morning follow night 
Because each night happens before or after and time is relative

I wonder and ponder many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment