Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 24 October 2016

Tuesday (84 of 365)

Day 84 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day dour meaning "relentlessly severe, stern, or gloomy in manner or appearance."

Tuesday

I like this day it is amiable 
If I were to have a discussion
It would be with amiable Tuesday sensible Coffee soaked Tuesday
Shake me about out of my ruse 

The paths today are brown and golden
The hair on my temples is blistering and my boots sodden with a pleasant fatigue 
My brain is drenched with ideas 

There is a coming and drowning 
Wading through potentiality 
I could be a physicist
I could be a chemist
I could be nuclear fusion careening out of the sun and igniting the earth


All the faces in this crowd are dour
And crushing 
Oppression is appealing though dangerous 
But it is impossible today 

The day orgasms in orange, brown, blue and pink 
The night is welcome

The night is for drinking
The night is for sushi rolls
The night is for skyscrapers 
The night is for warm hands and a cold mouth
The night is for bodies entwined
The night is for hopeless glances and deep looks
The night is for precious embraces
The night is for laughter that warms the tips of ears
The night is for secrets buried and lost on pillow cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment