Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Whispers of Darkness (145 of 365)

Day 145 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day susurrate meaning: "make a whispering or rustling sound."

Whispers of darkness

I swear she was there 
Whispering to me 
Whispering her tender love 
Susurrating through the brown leaves 
But she is dead I know


I'm not mad and this is my only 
Place to express it
She was true that I not divulge
That I keep it all to myself
I'm positive of it

Hearing voices and all that's a terrible sign a sign of the sibling
Abyss that I see
Mind the darkness she told me
As though I could sidestep it

Feelings like whirlwinds
Eddied through me 
I felt queasy and my stomach did somersaults 
She wasn't herself
Her mouth spoke words but no sound came out
The only thing that came was my understanding

My understanding I intended to do wrong 
I intended all along to listen
I knew I ought not
I knew it

But the whispers of darkness are compelling so compelling
Especially in the moonlight where I have heard insanity hides
I pray for it to come and take me
Because then there will be no knowing where I'm going

The not knowing is adventure excitement and fun
I know even though I won't 
That the voices are right 
Now I am waiting
Waiting for the whispers of darkness to return to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment