Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 8 January 2017

Circling the Drain (138 of 365)

Day 138 of the 365 day poem challenge. 

Word of the day nadir meaning: "the lowest point of something"

Circling the Drain

I pondered all that I had not achieved and a gulf opened up that was wider than the farthest reaches of  a seesaw
I felt myself sagging downwards and waiting for the euphoria of being yanked upwards the rude shock the kind slap of reality 
But I was eternally weighted down
I sank down onto the ocean flour and it was phantasmagoric with giant shadows swimming unseen 
And my life was a curtain with phantasms playing and dancing upon it and myself circling a vast drain 

Now dribbling 
Now dribbling out of me 

Making me into a wretched strangled thing 
A skeleton upon which to hang my gelatinous Winter sale collection flesh 
And the sky was the dull blue of concrete 
The concrete of the ocean floor as and its eternal metamorphosis into a desert abyss that only pales beside the dry sore 
Aching in my heart 
...the nadir 

Drip drip drip 

No comments:

Post a Comment