Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 10 January 2017

To Kill a Ghost (144 of 365)

144 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day visitant meaning: "a supernatural being or agency; an apparition."

To Kill a Ghost 

I never dreamed it
I never imagined it
But it was there niggling
Like a deep dagger stuck so deep 

Blinded 
Blinded by ignorant foolish love

There is so much passion in this small slight frame
There is so much darkness that lies below
There is so much untapped here

To kill a ghost is to go beyond anything conceived 
To bring forth the scars to burst open the scabs and let my dreams and desires run crimson

The visitant is before me
And floods my thoughts
Consumes my nerves 
Sets them to firing 

This irrepressible desire will save and damn me 
The overwhelming glut and wave of emotions will propel me
But I will be destroyed 
All that I am 
Subsumed into darkness 

But that is what is required to kill a ghost...

Everything and more is required 
To bury the memory to squash 
To murder 
To maim
To end it once and for all 

All that and more of me
So that none of me is left
No remainder
Only then 

And so I shall kill the ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment