Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 9 January 2017

The slow Torture of Love (139 of 365)

Welcome to day 139 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day pellucid meaning: "transparently clear; easily understandable."

The slow torture of love 

I gave in to the slow torture of love 
Relenting was the best part
To know I could never have her
To know I knew the secret of seductive smiles
The realm of adventure and excitement
All in a parallel universe somewhere decompressed

I gave in to desire but failed to achieve that which I desired 
Tantalising myself by laying on a knife edge so near to the forbidden dream
Was enough for my sensibilities 
Poetry of two bodies sensing each curve of the brow each supple bead of sweat threading the needle of my bright shining eyes

I gave in to the slow torture of love
It was more and too much and not enough 
It undid me and the play was ended and with it the banality entered and then I gave in to the slow torment of fading love and slow tender pellucid kisses 

No comments:

Post a Comment