Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 19 January 2017

Semaphore (164 of 365)

164 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day semaphore meaning: "an apparatus for visual signalling."

Semaphore 

The great-grandfather sits down and tells his son how to be: 
"see this world it's mad, 
You should be glad if you
Had what I had 
Your freedom is gone 
Don't resent it submit to control
Submit to safety and reassurance."

The grandfather sat down and tells his son how to be: 
"See this worlds gone mad
We have roles we do
And it's justice and nature that we do them
Your mother got what she deserved
Don't let anyone tell you different 
You do as you please 
My father submitted to control 
Where did it get him
There is no safety or reassurance."

The father sat down and tells his son how to be:
"See this worlds gone mad
I always listened to my old man, dad
It's sad the problems you have
They are not your fault 
How could they be you've done nothing wrong my son
Don't listen to them 
Don't listen to her 
She had her job and you have yours
Go to work bring home the bacon
That's all you need do
Then you'll deserve some rest and recuperation
That's the only safety and reassurance I had and you'll have it too."

The son sits idle and says to his father:
"This is my world not yours
I don't know what to do
I don't understand why what you say is not what they say
I don't know why things are different
I'm lost. 
I wish you could help me. 
You're the only one that can.
I know you can't, but I have no choice don't I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment