Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 21 January 2017

Lazy Sunday (166 of 365)

Welcome to day 166 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day sequestration meaning: "(of a place) isolated and hidden away."

Lazy Sunday 

Afternoons baking on the sheets 
Looking out the window
Daydreaming
These moments where experience has taught me too much to
Enjoy this and be in this 
To stay in this quiet moment
Like a child 
I am too tired to smile
The leaves blow back and forth
They whisper in my mind with all 
Else that might consume my time
With all else that will consume my time
I lay back burned and baking
The hairs on my legs betray 
My age, but the tired lull of my eyes
On a lazy Sunday remain the same
I shut my eyes and dream
I am sequestered 
My world is mine and a great plain of darkness surrounds me
Nervously and apprehensive of opening them again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment