Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 16 January 2017

Meeting of Minds (160 of 365)

Day 160 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day Punctilious meaning: "marked by precise accordance with details."

Meeting of Minds 

I was in the presence of the grotesque
I was in the presence of olden times
I was in the presence of the grotesque and it was all in the punctilious

The overly ripe teeth
The clasping of orangutang paws
On youthful Filipino shoulders
The oppressive prurience of that 
Busy office and the 
Noble facade of bound books
Witnessing all the jovial apish antics

I was in the presence of the grotesque and the dated and the discriminatory...yet I sat still and did nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment