Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 23 January 2017

Elected Official (168 of 365)

Day 168 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day torpid meaning: "a condition of biological rest or suspended animation."

Elected Official 

The gateway opened up
The light spilled out
It overwhelmed and consumed 
Save for sunnies I had no protection
For the awe I felt when I witnessed 
That sublime progeny of humanity
The robust Roman jaw 
Made for massacring words and for sanctimonious retribution and diatribes 
But my first impression was greatness
Befitting of a glorious mare in heat its full cock and balls standing erect
Wallowing low so as to demonstrate my penitence
my supplication to
This divinity made flesh
This pinnacle of torpid gestation 
May the glory, the power and the holy kingdom of the USA 
Praise him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment