Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 26 January 2017

Omnipotent (171 of 365)

Day 171 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day umbrage meaning: "a feeling of anger caused by being offended."

Omnipotent

I feel like a little child 
It's hard to believe 
The only thing that has grown
Is my certainty of unknowing 

DNA, subatomic particles, cells, nuclei 
I stare into a universe of cells every second 
I stare into my own universe
Yet I am one
I am many 
Battles are fought inside of my cells for life and for energy 

I feel a tugging
But it's not real its other cells
Telling my brain how to feel 
That's feeling for you

But I feel like a child 
Because I'm so small and insignificant aren't I 
The roof of the universe
Is caving in around me
My umbrage will not help it or hold it back
I feel it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment