Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Silence (200 of 365)

Day 200 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day cerulean meaning "deep sky blue."

Silence 

Pause.
What do you expect between breaths, between pages, between caresses.
Stop.
Press on and glimpse the cerulean night, so clear and blank, is it a canvass for us? Was it intended?
No answers. Silence.
I met a man with gums on him that liked to run and squidge together making a hollow croaking noise.
Pause.
Consider the nonsense, consider that we only have so much time. I check it regularly to ensure I am on time.
Appointments are satisfying. 
Pause.
Dare I continue, what lays between us that I cannot reach you? What is missing to complete us? I only feel shadows and claws that dig into me - you insist that I stay away.
Silence.
That's what I see in my heart a pendulum ticking back and forth, it reminds me of the end, if gravity will eventually allow it.
I am a pendulum and my life swings back and forth, back - 
Silence.
Pause. 
Nothing more. 
Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment