Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Wednesday 22 February 2017

My fat blue tie (194 of 365)

Day 194 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day autotomy meaning "The casting off of a limb or other part of the body by an animal under threat, such as a lizard."

My Fat Blue tie

My fat blue tie rests 
Like a cow tongue on my chest
It's tip lays just above my belt
And trousers 

My fat blue tie is knotted
And tight against my white neck
It melds my shirt against my skin
Seals me into my suit and
My work persona

My fat blue tie 
Slips and slides 
Eternally shifting but to me
It is always stationary 
And time is frozen to its autotomous tail Like a pendulum.

No comments:

Post a Comment