Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 20 February 2017

Doubting my place (190 of 365)

Day 190 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day bibliophile meaning: "
a person who collects or has a great love of books."

Doubting my place

I question what happens next
I hope the answer will come to me and I won't have to find it 
That's a pleasant idea 
But my head burns with longing
To seize upon an invisible thread and pull it bare, to rip open the vein and expose the meat of something

I sit in a chair and drift along 
Quite silent and contemplating
The air is pleasant enough neither stale nor fresh 
My legs are squashed and compressed
I foresee a long hill and the sun beating down
I see water at the top waiting for me
Cool quenching glorious 
I shall not run and the road will be long 

I doubt I'll find anything there than
A mundane pleasant evening 
That I can sink into
Like a fat man groaning into the folds of a familiar lounge 
I know that a movie plot will not find me  there is not yet a turning point im aware of and im the author so that's a problem

I prefer reading 
A natural bibliophile
Writing was never my strong suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment