Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 5 February 2017

The seeds of doubt (173 of 365)

Day 173 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day staid meaning: "
characterized by dignity and propriety."

The seeds of doubt 

I missed her and all her dreams 
I thought I knew her
Then her image splayed across Facebook and Twitter
This woman obese on drink and food and laughter
So casually her hands splayed against other women and men's chests
It was an internal loss of motion
An internal slam of a train into my skull 
Lack of comprehension sensation
Do you know what it is to be numb?
To question reality?
I was part of a something and 
It was all a lie
So I sank down lying on my bed feeling the blankets Crimson fold over me and into me
Pushing me down wrapping around my neck 
Snaking over my legs and tying me done and breaking my bones
I looked up at the spinning fan cycling around but there was no staid piece 
From the dizzying laughter and phantoms of her drunk and dancing
About an invisible pole in my mind
And she was slipping downward out of sight becoming a shade and all that I knew was slipping out of my grasp and out of comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment