Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Syllogism (174 of 365)

Day 174 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day syllogism meaning "an instance of a form of reasoning in which a conclusion is drawn from two given or assumed propositions (premises)."

Syllogism

She splayed her white flesh
It was open at the chest and thigh
She was young and she smiled in my direction with red painted lips
And dark brown dancing hair

She spoke and I was not aware of the words only the grind of her hips and the music

Her breath and mine commingled
I followed her through the crowd
Just the two of us
Her head shaking not a word
Between us just a dance floor of sweat and heat and bodies 
But only the two of us 

She took my drinks one and two
She spoke said things that were lost in the rhythm her eyes were widening with interest as her chest was burgeoning and bulging out her top

She adjusted her dress straps
She was vulnerable and innocent
In that moment like a doe that begged for her protector or a hunter
I grabbed her hand 
She recoiled her face filled with so much life and the lights of her beauty
Scrunched itself up into an ugly 
Concoction of powder and grease

In disgust I grabbed her 
smearing her foundation over my hands
Watching the grease drip away
Noticing the broken line of her oozing mascara
She drew back like an injured animal

I deduced at that time it was appropriate to leave
I darted through the oppressive all seeing and unseeing eyes of the crowd
I imagined her wailing like a wounded beast but there was only the thump of the bass...

No comments:

Post a Comment