Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Saturated (175 of 365)

Day 175 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day surfeit meaning: "overabundance."

Saturated 

There is a point of numbness
Where all the jumble of the world
Filters down the black ooze leaches out
What is left of the empty words 
I am reminded of the coffee dripping slowly through
I feel like a bloated man surfeit with big cereal bowls of propaganda and opinions and views and notions and ideas 

This high speed thing we are in 
Can still only slowly dribble down
And filter through to the masses
I hear a word, a sentence, a headline, a tweet 
Videos are easier
Photos are easier 
There is no filter 
There is no digestion
Just images being blasted smacking into my cerebral cortex
Trying to find purchase and 

the meaning is there 
If only I had the time to filter through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment