Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 20 February 2017

Rotary (192 of 365)

Day 192 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day apoptosis meaning: "the death of cells which occurs as a normal part of an organism's growth or development."

Rotary 

The rotation of wheels 
Became the way of the world
Horses pulled wheels
Then engines pulled wheels 
Then electricity was forged by wheels 
The breakdown of the atomic wheel heralded a modern age
We each have our conception and apoptosis.

Each day the balls of my feet 
Contemplate and resist fatigue
They know only one way 
They roll forward just as sure as gravity 
My wheels turn

The wheels of my eyes are tired and dry 
Shapes blur in and out of focus 
Images projected onto the retina 
A turning projector wheel
In my mind sends ragged clips
Of memories and thoughts, lists, tasks operations that circulate back and forth 

There is a wheel pistoning 
Neurones and impulses 
I feel it zig and zag like lightning
Is my grey matter scorched 
It seems so 
Where did this weariness come from
When did I lose the momentum of polished wheels
Where did the inertia go
What was the trigger for this grounding deafening halt 

I demand that the wheels turn
I demand an end to these wearisome tones 
I demand an end to this
I demand an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment