Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 20 February 2017

Ocean Waves (191 of 365)

Day 191 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day anfractuous meaning "winding or circuitous."

Ocean Waves 

I feel at peace in the sight of 
Ocean waves
The ones that look green 
The ones that ripple and swirl
And circle the rocks playfully

The water is freezing 
Unpleasantly so 
Until I dive all the way in
There's no peace until after the plunge straight down
The cold evaporates and the murky world splays itself before my eyes
There is life and dust 
There are so many invisible stories here

I throw my head back like a surfer in a perfume add 
The pretentious type 
Where there's a new world 
And there's nothing but me and this cold blue 

There is no end to it
You can't break this down
You can't make it less
The greatness is there
It dwarfs everything
I am so small
I am nothing here 
I could dissolve and my skin and bones become dust 
I could become the bed of this great pythonic sea 

I lie on my back 
Allow myself to sink down
My nostrils teasing at the surface 
I feel the water smear my insides
It's salty and penetrating and itching and biting 
My lungs hiss and garble 
I jerk up
Another wave comes and laps at my waist 
Then another comes anfractuous
And another and another.

No comments:

Post a Comment