Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 5 March 2017

Push & Pull (201 of 365)

Day 201 of the 365 day poem challenge.

word of the day barmecide meaning "illusory or imaginary and therefore disappointing"

Push & Pull

I was attracted to the polar opposite of you
I was drawn to your antithesis as though
my feelings were barmecide

I was pushed
that feeling of falling
except I was being pulled by my heart
That irrepressible urge
to fall forwards into the infinite possibilities
between us

I was drawn to your eyes
Your bold black pupils and the way they spoke to me like aliens
The discs of your milky white
The incomprehensibility that there was thought and feeling
Somewhere inside

I was attracted to you
We had a magnetism
That I could not pull against

I was drawn to your eyes
Lovely blue iris salt of the sea eyes
Lovely deep staring all seeing eyes

I was pushed
that sensation of being pushed and yet held
Like a vice as you dissected me.

No comments:

Post a Comment