Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 16 March 2017

216

Day 216 of the 365 day poem challenge.


Word of the day erubescent meaning "reddening or blushing."


War Zone 


You have your orders

I expect they will be obeyed 


Trudging through the snow 

This isn't what I thought 

This isn't what I expected 


Failure is not an option 

Absolute loyalty is everything 


The wearer of my flesh

These weak twiggy legs

My pulverised brain

My erubescent cheeks 

It won't take anymore 

I smile like a retard 


You must endure

You must push on

Your victory will only then be assured


The ends of it are messy

My odds and ends 

Without exception I'm broken

Without rest we toddle on


You cannot break

You must be strong

Abandon all weakness

Leave your flesh behind transcend it


No. 

This is the end of the line

The final bitter pill

Whether it be stinging pellets

Raining on us through the mud in front of us 

Or the whips of our taskmasters behind it's done

My body smacks into the hard clay like a dream

I can feel my skull bending 

It's beautiful and impossible 

The colours blend all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment