Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 7 March 2017

207

Day 207 of the 365 day poem challenge.


Word of the day deterge meaning: "to cleanse something thoroughly."


Unworthy poem


Who is to say what is worthy 

To write about 

I am not sure this is worth your time

But apparently it's not something

That time will let me let go of


So a man sits on a train in Sydney

The trains have these three person seats (designed for three modest persons)

So what does this fellow in the stripe top do

Sit right at the edge of the aisle

He had essentially blocked passage to the two other modest persons

He knows what he's done

I wonder if he feels a burning pain in his heat and he knows my contempt my narrowed eyes

If I could shoot some guilt into him I would 


Maybe he's too old and worn to care

No he's barely a sextenarian 

There needs to be an exorcism 

A deterge of the fools heart


Anyway I am spent 

And am left in contempt

For this gent

This perfectly able bodied arse wipe

I pray someone will ask please shuffle on over

Someone may eventually and then my rage will spike again as he turns his fruity eyes 

And in them you'll find one thing only

I'm sure of it

Indignation.


No comments:

Post a Comment