Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 12 September 2016

Walking in Sunlight (42 of 365)

Day 42 of 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day lackadaisical meaning: "lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy."

Walking in Sunlight

I am walking in sunlight
The sunflowers become you
The fields are fine here
I lay back lackadaisical and carefree
The pollen is catching
It tickles our nostrils and in between our toes
The stalks carry out revelry
As we march with aplomb 


We are walking in moonlit shadow
You are so becoming and 
The stars are so bright and vast
They are cold and blue
They shimmer and they vibrate
In my harmony 
I am alone out here and the void is
My solemn friend 
Across the room you wear your crown

We are walking sunlight
My feet touches yours
The saltwater rushes into us
We laugh and splash
We are something more than
What we are
We are something whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment