Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 4 September 2016

The Cataract (36 of 365)

Welcome to day 36 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day cataract meaning "a large waterfall" or "a medical condition in which the lens of the eye becomes progressively opaque, resulting in blurred vision."

The Cataract 

You are beautiful
You are treasured

Never forget 
I will remember you
I will remember all the good
That you are
I will hold your memory dear

You are falling
Into the sky
You are rising
Swollen in my heart 

You are transcendent
You are unique
You are coveted
By me

I shall always know
All the good you have done
You shall never fade
You shall always be dear

I have a clattering cataract
In my heart for you
The rise and the interminable drop
And the peace that follows
The foam and then still
Tranquil mirror surface of water.



No comments:

Post a Comment