Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 18 September 2016

Room 107 (49 of 365)

Welcome to day 49 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day congenial meaning: "of a thing) pleasant or agreeable because suited to one's taste or inclination."

Room 107

The silence of rushing water
Through old corrugated pipes

The loudness of bedsheets 
Tha-lumping under my back

The kiss of rain on the window 
That spreads hot in my chest

The tired caress of a long day
Upon the soles of my feet

The lick of the fireside
Stirs the marrow in my weary bones

The congenial reflections of flowers in every hue

The yoke of morning kissing
Unknotting fuzzy heads 

The fragrance of hay between pillars and polished floors

The smell of two bodies
Their hands entwined.

No comments:

Post a Comment