Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 1 September 2016

Liar (33 of 365)

Welcome to day 33 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day sycophantic meaning "behaving or done in an obsequious way in order to gain advantage."

Liar 

I ventured because it was forbidden 
I laughed inside myself 
Observing your pious shame
With such impish delight
I insulted your God
Your temple of stability 
Your great Idol
I became the greatest idoliser 
Of my own profound obsession
With the sketchy and grey
The uncertain and vague
The lack of detail was
Luxurious

My sycophantic wolf cry
My zealous poison
Shirk is what I was
Incarnate of falsehood
It felt so tremendous 
And I was high
And floating towering over my 
Schemes a megalomaniac
You my peons in my thrall

I was enthralled 
Where should this go next
Where to now
I the puppet master of destiny
I the seer of the world
Creating in this apathy 
A belief so palpable
And all too false. 

No comments:

Post a Comment