Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 10 September 2016

Lost for Words (43 of 365)

Day 43 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day Misocainea meaning "An abnormal hatred of new ideas"

Lost for Words 

I love you like an old rug
I love you like old mutton
I love you like the thick sludge of casserole and the way the tendrils of meat catch in my tongue

I love you like my slippers
I love you like rain unexpected on a sunny day
I love you like my rusted old bicycle that I no longer have the heart to take down the road lest it spontaneously combust

I love you like pyjamas 
I love you like my stained pillows
I love you like the first toilet stop in the morning and the slow beautiful feeling of faeces first passage out of me and into the watercourse

I love you like my torn plush ted
I love you like my obsolete VHS
I love you like a man whose Misocainea leaves him like an epiphany in the palliative care ward and he melts into the sheets

I love you like grass in my nostrils
I love you like an anchor
I love you like a quaint old tug boat that dips unsteadily as it leaves the harbour, yet somehow crosses the entire turbulent seas and arrives at the destination port with the same glorious blue sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment